Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cleaning with children

So, I have a love of cleaning, weird I know, but I do. When I get started, I see more I have to do and get side tracked with something other then what I started with. Example, today I was folding laundry and when I put Daniels away in or bedroom, I decided it was a good time to clean the bathroom. When I was done with that I dusted our furniture, and walk to the living room to find my clothes still folded there to be put away. I laughed and of course put it away.

But on to the title at hand "cleaning with my kids." Before I could clean my whole house in less then two hours, with the music up loud and me dancing around while I cleaned. Not having to watch out for little hands that want to help, and grab sponges I just used to clean the toilet. (gross) It would also stay clean for about a week (in the easy areas), a month in the "spring cleaning" areas.

Now "The Hawk" is well aware when I leave a room, and demands for my attention, if I leave. (even thought I love that he loves me) It makes it harder to get the whole house cleaned in one day.

Also I have a very curious "Big Bird" who wants to help, and we are there teachers so I have to let him, also it make it so we are still hanging out having fun, even though I am cleaning. All day he was saying "actually I have to clean...because I have to." I loved it!

But it is just not the same. I clean and the next day toys are everywhere, Big Bird has over peed and hit the back and outside of the toilet, and dust just grows with more people. But I wouldn't change the cute memories of me with a big sock dusting and Big Bird with one of his, following right behind me. It is just nice to think about things in a new way. I guess the second have of the house will be there tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. How true! My girls love to "help." It takes three times as long but they are learning valuable life skills. :D Keep up the good work mama!

    ReplyDelete