Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Don't pen me in!

The other day (yesterday to be exact,) I was (it's horrible) willing to sell my baby! Rather give him away! I know there are other couples who are trying to have a child, and they would be more then happy to take my screaming, (throwing things at me) baby! (what kind of mother am I)

I realized he just does not like to be "penned in" so to speak. I use a barricade in my living room to keep him in one area in front of the couch. So I went to babiesrus, and got a gate for our kitchen.....life has been great ever since! Of course these feelings of mine are overwhelming, how could I feel so bad that I would think someone else is more deserving of my baby!

I am just like Aiden. I don't like to be labeled and I don't like being told what I can't do. But I have realized that circumstances in my life have "penned me in" to things that I can't change (quickly.) I can't change that I love to dance and wish my parents would have put me in it at three, because I would have been the happiest little girl and gone throughout life dancing! Of course I can start now and be just as happy.

I think I might just write an autobiography, just to give myself therapy, of what I am "not allowed" to say, may someone will finally listen if it is in a book.(?) Not to sound bitter, but it is really hard to be going through all this "self finding" when you have a husband, and two kids.

But I think every mom, at any age or stage of life, goes though this, and probably not just once. It is just not always fun, or easy, but the thing I can always lean on, is that God is the one leading my crazy-ness, so I know it will only lead to good, and I love the peace I feel when I see a glimpse of what he is doing to me and my family!

Talk to you later!

3 comments:

  1. It's a constant process of figuring out who you are in Christ. If you are seeking him first, then other things will fall into place.
    Love ya girl! You're doing a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I do think every mom goes through this... suddenly, we are moms... and have to refigure out our purpose and come to the realization that this point in our life is merely for a season... I'm totally there with you!!! So glad you are part of my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, thanks for the comment on my friday funnies! I didn't know that it had published early! I had to delete the post and re-schedule it so please don't think I was deleting your comment!! :) Go back tomorrow and leave it again :D (and link up!!) :D

    ReplyDelete