Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Journy to the Silver Strand!!

Here is what I am thinking.....writing a blog about my "half marathon" training. Since training sometimes gets hard and you want to give up, I thought this might keep me accountable. I will try to write everyday about my training and how it is going, all in order with my crazy nest I keep at home with all my boys. :)(should be fun!)

I am a person who would rather give up in situations then push through. I know that is probably why I am heavier than I would like to be after my second baby. With my first, I exercised and ate right and the weight seemed to fall off. This one, is two lbs a week if I am lucky. Oh, also my stroller has gotten a lot heavier with my 38 pound three year old and my 26 pound one year old to push. Do you see where I am getting, I find any excuse to give up, give in or whatever, just so I don't have to do it! But here and now, that stops. I am using this to be accountable and finish what I start.

I ran a marathon about four/five years ago, and guess what, I didn't do very much to....TRAIN. Yes I was running consistently, but never did I go over a six mile run to prepare for a 26.2 marathon. However I finished. This time I want to train right and run the race good! (sounds like a quote from the walls of a gym) I am not saying I won't complain, or that I think this is going to be easy. I just hope that me writing about it, will keep me on track and at pace.

I am hoping to get in shape a bit while doing this, so many of the blogs may also be about me being hungry, because you can't train and not have a hungry body. I will also try to fib on this too, so again you're my accountability. (I say you my blog world, but I now it is me) By fibbing, I mean cheat on my eating and give up also.

So here I go on my adventure, today is my first day to run three miles, so tomorrow I will let you know how its goings!!

Also I realized I forgot to tell you when and where the race is.....this is reflecting my state of denial that gets me to not train in the first place! But it is down the silver strand, on November 14. Running with my sister in laws (as usual.) If I am doing anything that is a race...it is with them!! :) But we love it!!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Rachel! I'd love to keep you company if you need a buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love it that you are documenting your training! You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete